Sunday, July 27, 2014



I like the hotel I'm staying at but I'm right next to a busy intersection and they seem to avoid street signals and instead everyone honks. Problem is you can't destinguish if they're honking bruise they want to give you a lift or to warn you they're about to hit you. Scooters, taxis and your buses dominate crowded chaotic streets. It takes me an average of 5 minutes to plan and execute crossing the street. Lots of foreigners rent scooters and join the crazy show, not me.
My new favorite drink... Ice cold watermelon juice! Just about 25,000R

A memorial close to my hotel where the 2002 terrorist bombings of 2 popular night clubs and the US embassy killed over 200 people, mostly Australian tourists. Later they reported a message from Osama Bin Laden claiming the stacks were retaliation against the Australians for aiding the US fight on terror. The memorial site is called ground zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment