Sunday, August 3, 2014

More building and weekend activities

Friday was my favorite day at the build site so far. I finally got to do more than tie wires or bend rebar. I painted the septic tank with cement, dug and hauled dirt to fill the foundation an we started to build walls with brick and mortar. Here's everyone at the end of the day. Our house is ahead of the other two. You can't see as many in the pictures but we work along side the family, neighbors and the staff from Indonesia's habitat site. We're learning a little Bali and Indonesian and are making small connections with the people. I really like the work team I'm on.
Today we got up early for dolphin watching, did a cooking class for lunch and canoed around a small mountain lake near the village we are working in.

There were a few over sides with meat that I'm missing in the picture. There's lots of seafood in Bali and the food has been pretty good, so far my stomach is doing well and there's enough variety to not get bored. Here's my favorite veggie lunch that was delivered to our work site wrapped in banana leaf.
I also tried some local fruit that was tasty- mangosteen and snake skin fruit.
The canoe was a dug out canoe from a whole tree and the two are attached. 


1 comment: