Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sunday & Monday

Sunday we had 2 choices for activities: snorkeling or market, Buddhist temple and hot springs. I chose to do the day of snorkeling. One of my favorite couples from Chicago who are on my house team and in my van have an under water camera so hopefully I'll get pictures later. We saw a squid, dragon fish and lots of pretty coral. Even though the island we. Later to is a national park, it sadly had a ton of washed up garbage and some in the coral reef area. Snorkeling was overall great. We drove by a market on the way and in many ways markets are usually similar I noticed as I travel. 
For dinner we had Indonesian food at a place that also had a traditional dance performance. They are very expressive with their eyes, it's quite impressive.
Today (Monday) we did a lot of hauling bricks. The local women are very impressive and can carry 3 bricks to my 1, and they carry them on their head.
August 17 is Indonesian Independence Day so driving around we always see groups of children or men training to march on that day. The men groups will march 45 kilometers from 7pm to 7 am I the day (independence was in 1945), the kids do less. The practice in the street which is crazy if you saw how he people drive sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment